Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day to day activities in India can get pretty exciting. We are blessed to have  a working washing machine, otherwise we would have to beat our clothes on rocks with water and soap. After they wash we hang them up to dry either in the backyard or on the roof, as seen below in my pictures. While I was hanging laundry I almost grabbed this clothes pin with this lovely looking spider on it. I ran inside to grab my macro lens in fear that he would flee. He didn't. In fact he stayed there the entire day, I decided not to use the clips near him to hang our clothes though. Later when I showed Ben he said it most likely has got a little poison in him and that this bite would have hurt pretty darn bad. You can barely see the hairs on his legs with a naked eye (or maybe just I couldn't because I didn't want to get too close).
The last pictures on this little one below or of the goats. My favorite picture from last year was a goat picture of the herds. We were driving to a meeting and a huge pack of them were crossing the rode. I grabbed my camera and shot just a few of them. Once we got into town we saw the cutest two baby goats sitting on some steps. I had wish I had my camera out and ready because that picture would have been amazing!


Our Monday evening was spent attending a Thanksgiving service for a pastor and his wife/family. They were recently in a pretty bad motorcycle accident. Once upon a time there was no cars or motorcycles but now they are every where in India and most families have a little motorcycle as their family vehicle. So, the thanksgiving service was being held at their church, which is actually the very first brick Redemption church. They had it all prettied up!
We got to spend sometime with the children's home that Pastor Job and Ludima run as seen in the sequence of pictures. We talked with them, joked with them and pretended to "check behind their ears" to see if they were keeping clean". The kids though it was too funny.
The cute little chubby baby sitting on the cot is actually the same baby from a shot I took last year. She is another pastor's wife little girlie names Blessie. She is two now and so big! If you notice she has 20 rupees (50¢) in her hand and two "chocolates" (sweet candy).
The last shots are of the meeting. There is a shot of a birthday cake with a big fiery candle on it, it was Janie's birthday, she is the Pastor and his Wife miracle baby that they had in old age. So the service was also geared towards her in rejoicing in her birth and her day (she is pictured below with Jan, who she is named after, all in pink). The church was so full that the kids sat on stage with us (we are always placed on stage in church) and even outside was full of people. It was a wonderful service, which ended with a salvation prayer. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Redemption Ministries
 

All images and text copyright of Redemption Ministries. 2012